The funds raised from memberships go toward programming and club operations. Please support the Nordic Heritage Sport Club and its programs by becoming a member today. Click here to sign up online.
The Nordic Heritage Sport Club operates and maintains the Nordic Heritage Center. The club is made up of interested citizens from Aroostook County and meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 6pm at the Nordic Heritage Center. Anyone interested in helping to support and guide the club's development is encouraged to attend.
Volunteering at the Nordic Heritage Center
Many volunteers are needed for a successful event and there are many ways you can help.
Volunteers are needed for:
- Athlete registration
- Volunteer registration
- Accommodations and meals for teams and officials
- Transportation for teams, officials and spectators
- Public relations
- Medical matters
- Liaison with outside agencies
- Hosting and interpreting
- Social and cultural activities
- General administration
- Invitations and information bulletins
- Parking - And much more.
Skier volunteers are needed for:
- Course: Normally in teams of two, they ensure that skiers do not take short cuts on the course and are using the correct technique during classic races. They also record any reasons for disqualification during the race.
- Forerunners ensure that the course is clear of obstructions and clearly marked.
- Skiers are preferred for ski patrol/first aid.
There is something for everyone. Please consider volunteering and be a part of the excitement of the Nordic Heritage Center!